If you’ve been feeding birds for a while and developed quite a following of feathered friends, it might be time to think about upgrading their feeders. The larger your bird feeder, the less often you’ll have to go out and fill it up. Your hungry birds will also appreciate a steady and reliable source of food. In this article, we’ll take a look at 9 of the best large bird feeders available on the market.
- Top 10 Best Bird Feeding Stations – Review Of 2022
- Best Modern Bird Feeder: Top Picks In 2022
- Top 12 Best Bird Feeder Poles – Review of 2022
Table of Contents
- 9 Best Large Bird Feeders: Review By Seabirdsanctuary
- 1. Cedar Birdfeeder Gazebo
- 2. JCs Wildlife Large Ground Fly Thru Bird Feeder
- 3. Perky-Pet 334-1SR Squirrel-Be-Gone Max Bird Feeder
- 4. Bolite 18035 Bird Feeder
- 5. Woodlink NA75160 Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder
- 6. Woodlink Absolute II Squirrel Resistant Bird Feeder Model 7536
- 7. Amish Poly Large Outdoor Bird Feeder
- 8. More Birds Big Gulp Hummingbird Feeder
- 9. DutchCrafters Plastic Platform Ground Bird Feeder Tray
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
9 Best Large Bird Feeders: Review By Seabirdsanctuary
- Best large ground bird feeder: JCs Wildlife Large Ground Fly Thru Bird Feeders
- Best large cedar bird feeders: Cedar Birdfeeder Gazebo
- Best large bird feeders (squirrel-proof): Woodlink Absolute II Squirrel Resistant Bird Feeder Model 7536
- Best large hummingbird feeder: More Birds Big Gulp Hummingbird Feeder
5 Best Large Bird Feeders Comparison
These large wooden gazebo bird feeders are proudly made in Canada. They can be pole-mounted or hung from a quality bird feeding station. With a large seed capacity of 4lbs, you shouldn’t have to refill this feeder all through the day.
The craftsmanship that goes into these feeders is so impressive that some folks use them for purely decorative purposes.
- Beautifully crafted large bird feeder
- Made from durable cedarwood
- Can be tricky to refill
- Beautifully handcrafted of solid WESTERN RED CEDAR
- Large seed capacity
- Offers protection for feeding birds
- A true bird sanctuary
- Completely bird approved
This large American-made bird feeder is designed to be set down on the ground, where it will attract all sorts of ground-feeding and seed-eating songbirds. It is a fly-thru design, with a roof that helps to keep the bird food shaded and protected from the elements.
A really neat design feature of this bird feeder is the removable tray, which makes refilling and cleaning so much easier. It is made from a highly durable, recycled material that is eco-friendly for a brighter future. These are great bird feeders for large birds.
- Removable seed tray
- Made from recycled materials
- JCs Wildlife Ground Fly Thru Bird Feeders will attract birds to your backyard or garden!
- The removable seed tray makes cleaning this feeder a breeze, and it holds up to 8 cups of bird seed.
- This covered feeder with the slotted seed tray helps keep bird seed from ruining in the rain.
- The recycled poly lumber body is eco-friendly and will not crack, split or fade.
- Made in the USA in Southern Indiana by skilled birders! Dimensions: 17" H x 12" D x 19" W
These large hanging bird feeders from Perky-pet are designed to feed birds, and not squirrels. They have a weight-activated seed shield that closes up the seed ports when squirrels try to feed. The perches are comfortable and the feeder is designed to minimize waste from falling seeds.
These large bird feeders are ideal for mixed birdseed, sunflower, or safflower seeds. With the secure lock lid and weatherproof design, the seeds stay fresher for longer, and up to 4 birds can feed comfortably at the same time.
- Reduces waste
- Flex-port feeding points can break in time
- Patented weight-activated technology closes off ports under a squirrel’s weight
- Four feeding stations with Flexports prevent seed spillage and offer comfort for birds
- Hang the feeder with at least 18 inches of clearance on all sides
- Ladder-style perch accommodates a variety of bird sizes
- New and improved Sure-Lock cap keeps squirrels from removing the lid
This lantern-style hanging bird feeder is constructed from durable plastic and quality steel. It is a classic, attractive design that looks great in the garden. The roof works well for keeping the seeds dry, but there are also drainage holes in the floor in case of extreme weather.
These large bird feeders have 2 levels with plenty of perching space for your hungry visitors. they are easy to clean and perfect for hanging from your bird feeding station.
- Classy and attractive design
- Great seed capacity
- 8 feeding ports
- Solid and heavy when full
- Panorama Bird Feeder - Lantern design bird feeder is constructed of heavy-duty plastic and high-quality metal for long lasting use. Provding...
- Considerate Design - The clear panels help attracting birds searching for food and also help you monitor the seed level easily. Bird...
- Efficient Design - Double-Layer design holds up to 6 lb of seeds. Perches around the feeding ports make birds feed and rest happily. The...
- Easy To Use - Comes fully assembled and ready to hang. Lifting roof for easy filling and cleaning. Just unscrew the top and fill with black...
- Great Gift Idea - It is the best gift for your neighbours, friends, families and more
These large bird feeders from Woodlink will attract all sorts of wild songbirds to your yard. The product is designed to be squirrel-proof, but don’t be surprised if they manage to find a way through its defenses.
This durable feeder is built to last and comes with a heavy-duty hanging hook. It is convenient and easy to clean and refill.
- Easy to fill
- Heavy duty
- Not completely squirrel proof
The Woodlink Absolute II is one of the best extra large bird feeders available on the market. This model has an impressive 2-gallon seed capacity and a sturdy, heavy-duty steel design.
The feeding ports close up when activated by the weight of any squirrel that wishes to try its luck, meaning the hungry rodents will spend their time looking elsewhere. The weight system is adjustable, however, so these are still great bird feeders for large wild birds.
- Birds can feed on both sides
- Easy to refill
- Top locks securely
- Some birds have become trapped
- AbsoluteII Squirrel-Proof, has feeding ports on bo
- Steel construction,polycarbonate windows above fee
- Closing mechanism is adjustable by weight
- Baffles help reduce wasted seed. Large 2 gallon ca
- Includes a heavy-duty hanger and 4- section steel
These long-lasting, large capacity bird feeders are made from a durable recycled material that is eco-friendly. These handcrafted, American-made feeders come in a few different color combinations, so you can choose one that fits your style and landscape.
The roof of these large bird feeders flips open for easy filling and cleaning and the floor is constructed from aluminum mesh which drains freely and will not rust in time.
- Easy to clean and fill
- Eco-friendly recycled material
- Sturdy but heavy
- Attract Birds: Invite Many Feathered Friends to Your Yard. Fill with Your Favorite Bird Seed like Sunflower Seed, Safflower Bird Seed, Nyjer...
- Details: Hopper Style Feeder, Seed Dispenses from Bottom Openings on Plexiglass Sides, Less Refilling. Dimensions - 12"W x 12"L x 11"H,...
- Features: Stainless Steel Hanging Wire, Hinged Roof and Removable Plexiglass Sides for Easy Cleaning and Refilling. Aluminum Mesh Bottom for...
- Durable: Built of Poly Lumber, Poly is a Dense HDPE Plastic Material. Made to Last Through Outdoor Conditions. Simply Clean with Mild Soap...
- Handcrafted: Proudly Made in America by Amish Woodworkers in Indiana. Each Feeder is Handmade with Care and Attention
This large bird feeder is made from non-toxic plastic that is BPA-free and has a glass nectar bottle. They have 5 feeding ports to limit competition between hungry hummers. Another handy feature is the built-in ant moat.
The feeding ports are made from soft plastic and designed for bird safety and comfort. The bottle has a wide mouth opening for faster and easier refilling. Attract hummingbirds to your yard with this great nectar feeder.
- Built-in ant moat
- Easy to clean and refill
- Nectar will spoil if you don’t have a lot of hummingbird visitors
This American-made ground platform feeder is about the best option for feeding large birds. It is made from a highly durable, recycled material. These simple bird feeders are great for larger birds like crows and ducks.
The floor of this platform feeder is constructed from a mesh material that provides excellent drainage in wet weather. This keeps the food you put out fresher for longer.
- Made from weather-proof, eco-friendly material
- Accommodates large birds
- Food is not protected from rain
- Attract Birds: Place Feeder In Your Grass, On a Balcony, Deck, Patio and More to Begin Feeding Your Local Feathered Friends like Cardinal,...
- Features: Open Design Allows Numerous Birds and Animals to Eat From Feeder, Legs Keep Raised Tray Off the Ground, Aluminum Mesh Bottom for...
- Dimensions: 18"L x 12"W x 6"H -- Weight: 3 lbs. 2 oz -- Dimensions May Vary Slightly as Each is Handmade. Small Size Is Perfect for Areas...
- Durable Materials: Crafted from Poly Lumber, a Dense HDPE Plastic Resin Made from Plastic Laundry Bottles and Milk Jugs. Simply Clean with...
- Made in USA: Proudly Made by Amish Craftsmen in the Heart of Amish Country Right Here in the United States. Each of Our Feeders is Made with...
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I clean my bird feeder?
You should clean your feeders every week or two, especially if you’re getting large amounts of visitors on a daily basis. Birds can produce quite a lot of waste so keep an eye on your feeders, you may want to clean them even more often.
How often should I change the food in my bird feeder?
If you live in a dry climate, the seed in your feeders will stay fresh for a long time. Wet or moist seed spoils pretty quickly and should be changed every day to keep it from becoming moldy.
How can I get more birds to visit my feeders?
To attract birds to your yard, keep a constant supply of fresh bird seed available to them. Providing water in the form of a hanging birdbath, or a simple birdbath bowl will dramatically increase the number of birds that visit your yard.
Large bird feeders are great, especially for those bird watchers who have been consistent in providing food for the hungry birds on their property or in their neighborhoods. If you don’t have a lot of birds visiting your backyard yet, you can still use a large bird feeder, just keep it half full to avoid the seed spoiling. Happy birdwatching!
Last update on 2022-01-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API