Perky-Pet is a trusted name in the world of high-quality bird feeders and they make a great variety of hummingbird feeders to suit just about anyone’s style. In this review, I’ll take you through a selection of perky pet bird feeders that are available in 2021.
- 10 Ways To Attract Hummingbirds
- 7 Ways To Keep Bees Away From Hummingbird Feeders
- How To Keep Ants Out Of Hummingbird Feeder
6 Best Perky-Pet Hummingbird Feeder Comparison
Table of Contents
- Best Perky-Pet Hummingbird Feeder: 2021 Review
- Top Picks
- 1. Perky-Pet, 16 oz 137TF-2 Tf 1 Red Hibiscus Top Fill Plastic Hummingbird Feeder
- 2. Perky-Pet,16 oz 282-1SR Oasis Plastic Hummingbird Feeder –, Red
- 3. Perky-Pet, – 32 oz 9111-2 Cactus Top-Fill Glass Hummingbird Feeder
- 4. Perky-Pet, 36 oz 9106-2 Prohibition Top-Fill Glass Hummingbird Feeder Brown
- 5. Perky-Pet, 9100 Handheld & Tabletop Hummingbird Feeder
- 6. Perky-Pet, 2′, HUMBAR200DTC Hummerbar Hummingbird Feeder, Red
- 7. Perky-Pet, 14 oz 355255 445-2 Glass Window Hummingbird Feeder, Red
- 8. Perky-Pet, 2 Pack of 215P (3 Ounce Capacity) Planter Box Plastic Hummingbird Feeder with Hanger
- 9. Perky-Pet, 30 OZ 209B Our Best Glass Hummingbird Feeder, Red,
- 10. Perky-Pet, 220 48-Ounce The Grand Master Hummingbird Feeder
- Hummingbird Feeding Tips
- Final words
Best Perky-Pet Hummingbird Feeder: 2021 Review
- Best glass perky pet hummingbird feeder: Perky-Pet,30 OZ 209B Our Best Glass Hummingbird Feeder, Red
- Best window perky pet hummingbird feeder: Perky-Pet,– 14 oz 355255 445-2 Glass Window Hummingbird Feeder, Red
- Best large perky pet hummingbird feeder: Perky-Pet,48-Ounce 220 The Grand Master Hummingbird Feeder
The 137TF-2 is a hanging hummingbird feeder with 4 feeding ports, each made of soft, realistic plastic. This perky pet hummingbird feeder has a built-in ant moat that if kept full of water, will keep ants away from the nectar.
This top-filling perky pet bird feeder is easy to take apart for cleaning and refilling. Red is the best color for hummingbird feeders and they kept this in mind with the color scheme. Although not an essential requirement, this model does come with perches to give the hummers a break while they feed.
- Easy to fill
- Comes with a built-in ant moat
- Good colors to attract hummingbirds
- Some buyers have had trouble with leaks
- Wide mouth opening with Top Fill design makes filling easy
- 4 soft flower shaped feeding ports with perches
- Builtin ant moat keeps ants out of nectar
- Clear plastic bottle for easy nectar monitoring
- Feeder comes apart for thorough cleaning
This dish-style perky pet hummingbird feeder can feed up to 6 hummingbirds at a time. It is easy to refill and clean and can be hung or pole-mounted. These feeders have a built-in ant moat and tapered flower design so that insects aren’t going to be a problem.
The 282 perky pet bird feeder holds up to 16oz of nectar which is accessible through the flower-shaped ports that are soft for a natural feel. This is a nice design that offers better visibility for both the viewer and the hummingbird, and there’s plenty of perching space for the birds to rest on.
- Can accommodate many birds all at the same time
- Offers great visibility
- Plastic construction
- Plastic dish-style feeder makes filling and cleaning easy and holds up to 16 oz of nectar
- Six lifelike flower-shaped feeding ports with U-shaped perches accommodate lots of birds
- Birds feels safer with better views of their surroundings
- Built-in ant moat protects nectar from ants
- Hang or pole mount for versatile placement
This is a fun design, that looks great in the yard, especially for those living in the dryer states. This model offers removable perches so the choice is yours. The 9111-2 perky pet glass hummingbird feeder is easy to refill and comes with a patented gasket system to prevent any unwanted leaks.
The soft natural feeding ports have a tapered design that keeps bees out so your hummingbirds don’t have to share with any buzzing creatures. These perky pet hummingbird feeders can be taken apart completely for a good, thorough cleaning.
- Attractive natural design
- Good quality gasket to prevent leaks
- Good nectar capacity
- More red coloration may attract more birds
- No ant moat
- Wide-mouth, Top-Fill design for easy, mess-free filling
- Five hollyhock-inspired feeding ports are soft and flexible for a natural feel
- Feeding stations include removable perches
- Feeding ports are tapered to keep bees out of nectar
- Gasket creates a seal around the base to prevent leaking
This is another really cool design from perky pets. The 9106 perky pet bird feeder holds a large quantity of nectar, to keep your hummingbirds visiting for longer. This perky pet glass hummingbird feeder has soft, flexible, bee-proof ports, and comes with a good quality gasket to prevent leaks.
These feeders are also really easy to fill and have the added bonus of being very easy to take apart completely for proper cleaning.
- Holds a large capacity of nectar
- Made from durable glass
- Easy to fill and clean
- Does not come with a built-in ant moat
- Not as easy to see nectar levels from a distance
- Wide-mouth Top-Fill design for easy, mess-free filling
- Five flower-inspired feeding ports are soft and flexible for a natural feel
- Feeding ports are specially shaped to keeps bees out of nectar
- Gasket in the feeder base prevents leaking
- Entire feeder comes apart for easy cleaning
This handheld and tabletop feeder is a fun concept. It would perhaps have been better if made to be red, rather than purple in color. The 9100 perky pet bird feeder holds 2oz of nectar and is light, portable, and affordable.
Feeding the hummingbirds in your yard by hand isn’t guaranteed of course. This takes time and patience, but you may be rewarded with a great experience in the end if you persevere. These perky pet hummingbird feeders are not ant-proof, but being so portable, it’s easy to move them around to keep the ants off the trail.
- Fun, portable feeder
- Very easy to set out
- No protection from ants
- Holds little nectar
- Feed hummingbirds right from your hand or rest the feeder on a tabletop or other flat surface
- Designed to fit comfortably in your hand so it’s easy to hold steady
- Three flower-like ports are soft and flexible to offer a more natural feeding experience for hummingbirds
- Tapered flower port creates a natural bee guard
- Removable ports and lid with a dish-style design to make cleaning easy
The hummerbar is another design for folks with a lot of regulars. With 22 feeding ports, this interesting feeder can get you some pretty high volumes of hummingbirds all at once. Some people have cleverly installed a wire perch onto this feeder, increasing the number of birds that can feed at it side by side.
Being suspended from either end of the bar means It’s not the easiest feeder to set up level though, and you should take your time. These perky pet hummingbird feeders hold 16oz of nectar but it is advised to fill them halfway
- Feeds a huge number of hummingbirds
- Made from shatterproof plastic and durable rubber
- No perches
- It May be difficult to hang level
- 16 oz nectar capacity
- 22 feeder ports
- 2 ft long
- Patented horizontal design
- Feed more hummingbirds at once
This glass window hummingbird feeder from perky pets provides great views of your favorite birds from within the comfort of your home. The reservoir of this feeder is constructed from durable glass and both of the feeding ports have their own perches.
These perky pet hummingbird feeders are very easy to refill and since the feeder can be taken apart, cleaning is not difficult either. Installation of these feeders is easy, using the 2 suction cups. Just make sure your window is clean and dry.
- These feeders are great for setting up on the window of your office or kitchen
- Easy to fill and clean
- Easy to install
- No protection from ants
- Attaches to window with suction cups for up-close hummingbird watching
- Two flower-shaped feeding ports with U-shaped perches
- Window mount or hang on a post or tree with a nail
- Strong tempered glass bottle ensures durability
- Comes apart for easy filling and cleaning
This twin-pack of perky pet hummingbird feeders is designed for setting out in your flowerbeds and baskets. Each feeder holds 3oz and has a bee-guard-protected feeding port. Perky-pet includes a wire hanger for each feeder, making installation simple.
The clear plastic container of this perky pet bird feeder allows you to easily monitor the level of nectar in your feeders at a glance.
- Easy to install
- Come with bee guards attached
- Many reports of leaking
- No protection from ants
- 2 3-ounce capacity hummingbird feeders
- For hanging in flowerbeds and hanging flower baskets
- Made of clear plastic that allows you to easily check the nectar level
- Each feeder has 1 feeding port with a bee guard to protect your hummers' nectar
- Each feeder comes with 1 hanging wire for hanging over a planter box to an attractive environment for hummingbirds
The 209B is called ‘our best’ for a reason, they are known to be solid and dependable. Easy to fill and clean, this model comes with a built-in ant moat and bee-proof design. There’s also plenty of perching space on this model so the birds can rest between feeding.
This perky pet glass hummingbird feeder holds up to 30oz of nectar which is accessed through 6 feeding stations, meaning many birds can get a feed between top-ups. The flower ports on this model are replaceable and the glass bottle stays clear and strong in the sun.
- Holds a lot of nectar
- Glass won’t perish
- Good colors
- Some leaks reported
This is the big one folks. Built for the bird enthusiast that has a large crowd of ‘regulars’, the 220 holds a massive 48oz of nectar which means you won’t have to keep refilling this feeder through the day.
This perky pet hummingbird feeder has 6 feeding ports and each port has its own individual perch. These models are easy to take apart for cleaning, which is very important for any bird feeder, and easy to refill as well. The 220 has a simple and practical design and the birds like it, and that’s what counts.
- Feeds a lot of birds
- Good color scheme to attract hummingbirds
- More perching space would be an improvement
Hummingbird Feeding Tips
Once you’ve selected a hummingbird feeder that suits your needs and style, it’s important to put out the right food to keep your visitors healthy and coming back for more. Remember to avoid dyes in the food because these are unhealthy for the birds. It’s very important to change out the nectar in your feeders regularly and to keep the feeders clean so that mold and bacteria don’t grow in them.
The hummingbird feeders featured in this article are designed to be visually attractive to hummingbirds, but there are more ways to attract hummingbirds to increase the number of visitors you can get. Choose a red hummingbird feeder if you don’t already have a lot of regular visitors.
Many of the perky pet hummingbird feeders have built-in ant moats and bee guards, but there are more things you can do to keep bees out of your feeders to reduce competition for the nectar. For hanging feeders that don’t have a built-in ant moat, I suggest ordering one of these as added protection.
Having hummingbirds around is such a joy. With so many perky pet bird feeders available on the market in 2021, Choosing the right one for your yard can be tricky. Use this review article to help you make that decision and enjoy watching and feeding the hummers in your yard.
Last update on 2021-07-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API