Bird feeders aren’t just about attracting and feeding birds, they should look great in their own right, and be an attractive and interesting focal point in your garden. In this article, we take a look at a few of my favorite unique bird feeders.
These are all fun designs that will look great in your yard or on your balcony or patio. Get ready to see some extraordinary bird feeders, from the elegant to the unusual, and the interesting to the just plain cool.
- Top 10 Best Bird Feeding Stations – Review Of 2021
- Hanging Bird Feeder Guide 2021 – All You Need to Know
- Top 12 Best Bird Feeder Poles – Review of 2021
6 Best Unique Bird Feeders For Your Garden Comparison
Table of Contents
- 15 Unique Bird Feeders For Your Garden: 2021 Review
- 1. ‘The Architect’
- 2. ‘Hanging Copper’
- 3. ‘The Coneflower’
- 4. ‘Hanging Sunflower’
- 5. ‘Floral Oriole Feeder’
- 6. ‘So Real Hummingbird Feeder’
- 7. ‘The Beach-Car’
- 8. ‘Glass Sunflower’
- 9. ‘The Coffee Pot’
- 10. ‘The Crescent Moon’
- 11. ‘The Snow Man’
- 12. ‘The Pinecone’
- 13. ‘Old Man Tree’
- 14. ‘The Cardinal’
- 15. ‘Blue Glass Mosaic’
- Possible Improvements
- Final Words
15 Unique Bird Feeders For Your Garden: 2021 Review
‘The Architect’, designed by Perky-pet, is one of those elegant bird feeders that looks great even when the birds aren’t hungry. This unique bird feeder combines form and function and will attract both birds and people.
This sturdy feeder is built from wood and steel. Featuring a sleek geometric design, this feeder has a roof and drainage to keep the seeds fresh. Unfortunately, this feeder does not hold much food, about a quarter of a cup in total, and this is easily spilled in strong wind. Use this feeder to offer seed or mealworms to small songbirds.
- Great looking bird feeder
- Has a roof and good drainage to keep seeds fresh
- Doesn’t hold much food so needs frequent refilling
- Seed spills easily
- Modern geometric design doubles as backyard décor
- Roof provides shelter to birds and food
- Built-in drain holes keep food fresh and dry
- Sturdy wood and metal construction
- Holds up to ¼ cup of mealworms, peanuts, sunflower seed or dried fruit
Being both practical and decorative, this cool bird feeder made by Sungmor looks great in any landscape. This is simple and attractive design that will hold seeds or mealworms to attract small songbirds like goldfinches and juncos to your yard.
This design features a small roof and effective drainage to keep the bird food fresh and healthy for your feathered friends. This sturdy feeder is made from electroplated steel with a good-looking copper-colored finish.
- This is a classy and attractively designed feeder
- Features drainage to keep seeds dry and fresh
- This small feeder can only accommodate smaller birds and not many at a time
- Concise and unique hook shape design with a functional hanging feature, really practical and decorative;
- Top-grade copper material, and the surface with electroplating process treatment, very durable and smoothly touch；
- It can hold nuts,grass seed,millet,grain,rice or crumbs and more kinds of bird food, easy to fill up and hanging; Size:38.5cmH * 20cmW.
- Perfect for Balcony, Garden, Park, Outdoor, Field, Tourist scenic spot or Golf course etc. A great gift for the birds.
This floral-inspired bird feeder produced by GoGreen Sprouter incorporates an interesting stem-like pole and stands at a little over 20 inches high. This interesting feeder is modeled on the beautiful coneflower and can be used to feed seeds to songbirds like cardinals.
These pretty bird feeders are available in both blue and red. The feeder is easily installed by setting the pronged spike into your lawn or other soft ground area of your yard.
- Beautifully designed to fit into your garden
- Comes with a built-in stand for easy set-up
- Seeds are not protected from rain
- 🐦【High quality material】- Bring tropical wonder to your garden year round with durable metal flowers that provide an all-weather...
- 🐦【Easy to install】- With our convenient assembly installation and stake base, our bird feeders can be easily placed in your backyard,...
- 🐦【Easy-to-install foot pads】- Convenient foot stakes are included with our bird feeders for easy placement and installation in your...
- 🐦【Easy to place bird food】- Easy to refill, simply pour your bird seed of choice into the top of our coneflower bird feeder.
- 🐦【Compatible with a variety of bird food-Size】- 14 "w x 28" h. Each of our bird feeders are compatible with all different types of...
This hanging mesh feeder, made by Evergreen Garden, is both attractive and practical. These pretty bird feeders are great for filling with larger seeds like sunflower seeds, which is the natural choice, to attract beautiful songbirds to your yard.
The hanging sunflower feeder is constructed of steel and glass and holds over 4 cups of large birdseed so you won’t have to refill it too often. This feeder can be simply hung from a tree branch or it looks great on a bird feeder pole.
- Very attractive design
- Holds a large amount of birdseed
- Does not incorporate any perching space
- FILL YOUR OUTDOOR OASIS WITH FEATHERED FRIENDS: Love bird watching? Welcome all types of birds to your yard with this unique hanging feeder....
- BEAUTIFUL AND EASY: Simply use the attached chain to hang on a tree and fill the mesh receptacle with bird seed. Mesh bird feeders require...
- THE PERFECT SIZE: Holds approximately 4.5 cups of bird seed. Feathered friends of all types will flock to your garden, happily snacking on...
- GREAT FOR GARDENERS: Birds not only eat the food you put out for them, they also eat the insects, slugs, and snails from your yard. If...
- FOR YOU, OR A FRIEND: An ideal gift for nature lovers, bird watchers or gardeners, this stunning sunflower bird feeder will put a smile on...
This is another sunflower-inspired bird feeder, but this design by Forup is ideal for feeding orioles. With a neat little 3oz bowl for grape jelly, seeds, or mealworms and two spikes for fruit like orange halves, this feeder is perfect for attracting these lovely birds.
This durable and long-lasting feeder is built from powder-coated steel and high-quality plastic. Hang this pretty bird feeder from a bird feeder pole or tree branch with the included hanging chain and enjoy watching the birds it attracts.
- Simple and attractive design
- Can be used to set out 2 or more different types of food
- Metal tabs used to secure the bowl may break off in time
- GOOD QUALITY: This bird feeder is made of high quality plastic and powder-coated metal construction, eco-friendly and great for long-lasting...
- EASY TO CLEAN: Detached bowl design supports quick and easy hand-cleaning.
- UNIQUE DESIGN: Vivid orange colors would attract more birds, this oriole bird feeder with unique sunflower shaped design make your garden...
- DIMENSION: 3 oz capacity, 9.8"L x 22.4" H, this oriole feeder able to feed birds favorite foods, grape jelly, nectar and oranges.
- BEST GIFT CHOICE: Dual purpose for birds enjoyment, nectar and swing, this oriole jelly feeder also makes a great gift for bird lovers,...
These pretty bird feeders, built by Wild Wings, are designed to attract hummingbirds with a very lifelike floral design. These feeders are easy to hang up and feature natural-looking green perches for hummingbirds to rest on while feeding.
Each one holds around 5oz of nectar and they are carefully designed to be bee resistant. These feeders are designed so that they can be hung one below the other, creating a string of life-like hummingbird feeders that the birds will love.
- Pretty, life-like design
- Can be strung together to attract and feed many hummingbirds at the same time
- Individual feeders have low nectar capacity
- Unique design creates an easy-to-use hummingbird feeder combined with a one-of-a-kind look that will be a favorite for both you and the...
- Decorative perch allows hummingbirds to perch while feeding, increasing feeding time and prolonging hummingbird viewing
- Easy connect design allows for multiple feeders to be connected from top to bottom - creating a decorative vine of flowers
- Smaller feeder capacity means less wasted nectar
- Each feeder holds up to 5oz of nectar
This is a really unique bird feeder that will look really cool on a patio or just about anywhere you choose to hang it. The feeder, made by Outside Inside, is hand-painted and will be enjoyed by anyone who sees it.
This unusual bird feeder is great for car enthusiasts and will attract many seed-eating songbirds if filled with a larger seed like sunflower or safflower seeds. Hang this cool bird feeder from a bird feeder pole or tree branch and wait for the birds to fly in, along with the compliments from your friends.
- Unique bird feeder
- Easy to clean
- Large mesh suitable only for large seeds like sunflower and shelled nuts
- CHARMING GIFT: Bring all the birds to your yard with this unique hand-painted metal mesh feeder in the shape of a car. A great gift for your...
- DURABLE DESIGN: Made from weatherproof metal with mesh sides to give birds easy access to the food inside; works best with larger-diameter...
- LIFETIME PROMISE: GSI Outdoors spent over 30 years building quality, performance products and stands behind them 100%. GSI Outdoors...
- Care Instructions: Easy To Clean
This unique bird feeder from Exhart features lovely hand-painted glass with a floral sunflower design. This is a pretty glass and steel bird feeder that incorporates a charming built-in solar-powered light for the evenings that automatically switches on after dark.
The feeder is UV treated for durability and long-lasting color when set outside, exposed to the elements. This feeder is easy to hang up and will look great set up on a quality bird feeder pole. These elegant bird feeders look great with or without birds feeding on them.
- Beautiful design that looks great in the yard
- UV treated for durability
- Limited perching space
- Beautifully Hand Painted Glass and Metal Bird Feeder
- Birds will love the easy access feeding!
- Solar powered LED light automatically glows at dusk
- UV treated to resist fading
- Ready to hang and enjoy
This unusual and light-hearted bird feeder is made from durable powder-coated steel mesh. A unique bird feeder, this ornamental design by Perky-pet is built in the shape of a coffee pot and can feed many seed-eating birds at a time.
This feeder is built from durable, powder-coated steel and is easily hung up from a branch or bird feeder pole. Fill this feeder with seeds like sunflower, safflower, or cracked corn and enjoy watching all the beautiful birds it will be visited by.
- Really cool design that adds interest to the landscape
- Holds a large amount of seed and can accommodate several clinging birds at a time
- This feeder has limited level perching space
- Multiple clinging Birds can dine at one time
- Durable, powder-coated, all metal mesh design
- Mesh keeps seed fresh and dry
This attractive crescent-moon-shaped feeder made by Good Directions has a copper finish and holds a substantial 4lbs of seed. The sides of this feeder are built from durable plexiglass which means you can easily see when it’s time for a seed top-up.
It is easy to fill and clean and has drainage holes to keep seeds dry and fresh. This feeder is easy to set up and can be hung from something like a good quality bird feeder pole.
- Attractive crescent-moon design
- Holds a solid 4lbs of seed
- Limited perching space means this feeder can’t feed more than one or two birds at a time
- Unique crescent Moon design with durable long-lasting copper finish
- Plexiglass panels for added strength and durability
- Generous 4-pound seed capacity
- Drainage holes help keep seed dry
- Measures 17"H x 11"w x 3. 75"D.Easy to hang and easy-to-know-when-to fill
11. ‘The Snow Man’
This snowman-shaped feeder is perfect for the holiday season and the colder months. These are really cool, mesh-style seed feeders that can be used to hold larger seeds like sunflower and safflower seeds.
This unique bird feeder will attract wonderful birds like cardinals and chickadees and several birds can feed on the seeds at the same time. The snowman contains a charming led light system that glows in the evenings adding to the festive spirit. This feeder is built to last and made of steel, not plastic or wood.
- Wonderful feeder for the festive season
- Durable design that holds plenty of seed
- No perching space or cover for the seeds
12. ‘The Pinecone’
This interesting and unique bird feeder is shaped and finished to look just like a pine cone. The feeder can be hung and filled with birdseed of the size and variety of your choice.
This feeder, made by Esschert Design USA, requires no assembly and is made of weatherproof resin for long-lasting durability. A hook and chain are included so you can easily hang it from a place of your choice.
- Attractive, understated, and natural design that birds won’t be afraid to visit
- Made from weather-resistant materials
- The resin material that this feeder is made from is fragile so take care not to drop it on a hard surface
- Hanging Feeder In The Shape Of A Beautiful Pinecone
- Fill Individual Cups With Seed
- Made Of Durable Hard Plastic And Includes Chain And Hook For Hanging
- No Assembly Required
13. ‘Old Man Tree’
This interesting and unique bird feeder is attached to a tree, wall, or another surface of your choice. It can be really entertaining to watch the birds feed from the mouth of this funny old face, something the kids will really enjoy.
This whimsical design will look great and add interest to your yard, with or without birds feeding on it. This feeder must be attached with screws though so you’ll need to roll up your sleeves and grab a screwdriver. The screws are supplied and this should not be too difficult on a soft bark or wooden surface.
- A fun design that children will enjoy
- Made of durable and weather-resistant resin
- Installation requires tools
No products found.
14. ‘The Cardinal’
This delightful and unique bird feeder is durable and built to withstand all seasons. It is an American hand-crafted bird feeder that is built from wood and aluminum that is sealed and painted with exterior grade paints.
This is a great seed feeder that can be filled with sunflower seeds, for example, and hung with the included strap from a tree branch or from your bird feeder pole or bird feeder station.
- Handmade in the USA
- No assembly required
- Limited perching space
- Hinged Top for Easy Clean Out
- Ships Assembled
- Amish Made in the USA
This is a really unusual and interesting-looking bird feeder that can be filled with seeds and hung from a tree or bird feeder pole. The dazzling blue mosaic glass will look beautiful out in the sunlight and add charm and character to your yard or balcony.
This feeder is very easy to install using the supplied 12 inch long hanging loop. It holds about one cup of birdseed.
- Beautiful colorful design
- Easy to install
- This feeder does not have good drainage and can be difficult to clean
- Ideal for garden or balcony: Small feeder is 6.5-inch diameter x 2.75 inches deep; Weighs 0.8 pounds; Opening is 2.75 inches diameter;...
- Attract birds: Feeding station is made of glass in a colorful blue mosaic pattern; Cool blue color attracts birds and encourages them to...
- Easy to set up: Includes outdoor feeder and wire to hang bird feeder up on a tree branch or shepherd hook; Hang feeder near a window to...
- Designed with feathered friends in mind: Fly-through design allows birds to easily access seed; Birds can easily fly away after enjoying a...
- Worry-free purchasing: Sunnydaze Decor backs its products with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty for worry-free purchasing
While each of the feeders in this review will look great in your garden, these aren’t necessarily the most practical designs, so let’s take a quick look at a few ways to improve their effectiveness.
Most of the feeders in this list are designed to be hung from something like a hook. If you don’t already have a spot for this, consider picking up a bird feeder pole or a bird feeding station to hang your new unique feeder from. These are specially designed for the job.
None of the feeders in this list are particularly squirrel proof, so if you have any of these hungry rodents in your neighborhood, I would suggest you check out my article on how to keep squirrels out of bird feeders for some tips and also this great guide to squirrel baffles to set up some protection.
The hummingbird and oriole feeders mentioned in this article will definitely benefit from some protection from ants. An ant moat is one of the best ways to keep these hungry pests away from your feeders, but check out our article on how to keep ants away for more useful information.
Who says bird feeders have to be boring and dull to look at? Choose one or two feeders with some flair and individuality to match your own style and make your garden unique. As always, remember to keep your feeders clean and filled with good quality food to keep our feathered friends happy, healthy, and coming back for more. Happy bird watching!
Last update on 2021-06-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API